- 1 How can I go to Donsol Philippines?
- 2 Where can I see whale sharks in the Philippines?
- 3 What is Donsol Sorsogon known for?
- 4 What do many visitors like to do here in Donsol?
- 5 What should one do for a good night out in Donsol?
- 6 When can you see whale sharks in the Philippines?
- 7 Has a whale shark ever killed anyone?
- 8 Is it cruel to swim with whale sharks?
- 9 Where is the most shark infested waters?
- 10 Where can visitors get the best food in Donsol?
- 11 How many barangay are there in Donsol?
- 12 Where is the location of Butanding?
- 13 What outdoor activities are famous in Donsol?
- 14 What outdoor activities are famous in Bicol?
- 15 What is the region of Sorsogon?
How can I go to Donsol Philippines?
Step 1: The best way to go to Donsol is to fly with Philippine Airlines or Cebu Pacific from Manila to Legaspi for a 50min flight. Step 2: From Legaspi Airport, take a public van (around P60) or a private van (P1750) for 1h30min to your accommodation in Donsol.
Where can I see whale sharks in the Philippines?
Whales sharks can be seen in the Philippines all year round in a few places. Whale shark season in Donsol and Southern Leyte (which includes Padre Burgos and Pintuyan) is October to May. In Honda Bay, Palawan whale shark season is April to October.
What is Donsol Sorsogon known for?
Donsol, Sorsogon Donsol is known primarily for whale watching. Here tourists can interact with whale sharks (butanding in local parlance) by snorkeling, diving, or by simply waiting for them in areas where they come right up to the surface. Donsol has been recognized as the “Whale Shark Capital of the World”.
What do many visitors like to do here in Donsol?
Swim with the Whale Sharks When visiting Donsol, interaction with the Whale Sharks should always be on the list! Donsol is one of the best places to see these gentle giants and swim with them in their natural environment! Donsol Bay is one of the best places to see the Whale Sharks, since they come up to the surface.
What should one do for a good night out in Donsol?
Top Attractions in Donsol
- Donsol Whale Shark Interaction. 428. Shark Diving.
- Bicol Dive Center. 103. Scuba & Snorkelling.
- Donsol Firefly Tour. 110. Boat Tours.
- Fun Dive Asia. Scuba & Snorkelling. By sandrapR3834UW.
- Whaleshark Diver`s Center. Shark Diving.
- Orange-Pink Spa Donsol. Spas.
- Giddy’s Place. Bars & Clubs.
- D’ Spa Boracay. Spas.
When can you see whale sharks in the Philippines?
Whale shark can be seen year round in the Philippines but you would have to be lucky to see one. A random Whale shark encounter cannot be orchestrated, but tend to be between January and May. If you want to have a 99% chance to find a Whale shark in his natural habitat visit Donsol between April and May.
Has a whale shark ever killed anyone?
Whale sharks have never attacked humans. On the contrary, we are a potential danger to them.
Is it cruel to swim with whale sharks?
ok it’s whale sharks so there is no element of danger to be had, BUT it’s still a super cool experience. As with many sea creatures the whale sharks follow a migration pattern every year and the best time to take a dip with one of theses friendly giants of the sea is from March to June.
Where is the most shark infested waters?
The USA and Australia are the most sharks infested countries in the world. Since the year 1580, a total of 642 shark attacks killed more than 155 people in Australia. In the United States, 1,441 attacks have already caused over 35 deaths. Florida and California have been suffering more than any other US state.
Where can visitors get the best food in Donsol?
Expand your search.
- BARacuda. 257 reviewsOpen Now.
- Elysia restaurant. 23 reviews.
- Vitton Cafe. 34 reviews.
- Kawnkita Restaurant. 30 reviews.
- Roberto’s Restobar. 6 reviews.
- Happy Hours at Woodland Beach Resort. 6 reviews.
- Harong Miraya Restaurant, Bar & Dive Center. 8 reviews.
- Butanding Bar and Restaurant at Giddy’s Place.
How many barangay are there in Donsol?
The town has 51 barangays, 11 of which are situated in the coastal areas of the municipality.
Where is the location of Butanding?
Donsol, in southeast Luzon, is the perfect place to snorkel with whale sharks, otherwise known as butanding. Each year from November to May, possibly the largest school of whale sharks in the world migrates here to feed on the dense concentration of plankton and krill in the area.
What outdoor activities are famous in Donsol?
Outdoor Activities in Donsol
- Boat Tours.
- Scuba & Snorkeling.
- Shark Diving.
- Nature & Wildlife Tours.
What outdoor activities are famous in Bicol?
The Best Outdoor Activities in Bicol Region
- Mayon Volcano. 4.8. Tours from $19.
- Shark Diving. 3.0. Shark Diving.
- Donsol Whale Shark Interaction. 3.0. Island.
- Matukad Island. 4.7. Scuba / Snorkeling.
- Scuba & Snorkeling. 3.9.
- Bicol Dive Center. 3.9.
- Buntod Sandbar and Reef Marine Sanctuary. 5.0.
- Subic and Tikling Beach. 4.2.
What is the region of Sorsogon?
Sorsogon is a province in the Philippines located in the Bicol Region. It is the southernmost province in Luzon and is subdivided into fourteen municipalities (towns) and one city. Its capital is Sorsogon City (formerly the towns of Sorsogon and Bacon) and borders the province of Albay to the north.