- 1 What is the best in Penang?
- 2 Where should I go in Penang now?
- 3 Is Penang Malaysia expensive?
- 4 What is the best area to stay in Penang?
- 5 How many days in Penang is enough?
- 6 What’s Penang famous for?
- 7 Is it safe in Penang Malaysia?
- 8 What is there to do in Penang besides eating?
- 9 Is Kuala Lumpur better than Penang?
- 10 Is food expensive in Malaysia?
- 11 Can you drink alcohol in Penang?
- 12 What is the best month to visit Penang?
- 13 Is Langkawi or Penang better?
- 14 Can you swim in Penang beach?
What is the best in Penang?
Let’s explore the best things to do in Penang:
- Tour the Tropical Spice Garden.
- Learn some history at Fort Cornwallis.
- Visit Kek Lok Si Temple.
- Sunbathe on Batu Ferringhi Beach.
- Have afternoon tea at Suffolk House.
- Visit Khoo Kongsi.
- Go for a trishaw ride.
- Visit the Penang Peranakan Museum.
Where should I go in Penang now?
Tourist Places in Penang Kek Lok Si, Batu Ferringhi Beach, Escape Theme Park, Penang Butterfly Park, Penang House of Music, Glass Museum, Penang 3D Trick Art Museum, The Top Komtar and many more places.
Is Penang Malaysia expensive?
Summary about cost of living in Penang, Malaysia: A single person estimated monthly costs are 447$ (1,873RM) without rent. Penang is 62.81% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Penang is, on average, 90.69% lower than in New York.
What is the best area to stay in Penang?
Most visitors who come to Penang choose to stay in or close to the old part of George Town. The unique architecture, sights, and atmosphere of old George Town are what draws in the crowds. While Penang has some lovely sandy beaches, most beach lovers tend to head for nearby Langkawi, where the water is clearer.
How many days in Penang is enough?
Three days in Penang are a sensible amount of time to get a decent grasp of its main tourist area, George Town — accessible with a ride on the iconic Penang Ferry — and get a better feel for the island by exploring some of its jungle and beaches.
What’s Penang famous for?
Nicknamed the Pearl of the Orient, Penang is famous for its soft sandy beaches and is fondly regarded as the food capital of Malaysia. Some of the most interesting sites of Penang include the sandy beaches of Tanjung Bungah, the landscape from the summit of Penang Hill and the vipers in the Snake Temple.
Is it safe in Penang Malaysia?
Violent crime rates are low, so getting mugged, kidnapped, or assaulted is unlikely, but robberies and assaults do happen, sometimes even involving weapons, so it is best to be wise. Penang’s greatest safety issue is petty crime such as pickpocketing, purse snatching, and other types of petty thefts.
What is there to do in Penang besides eating?
33 Insanely Cool Things to Do in Penang
- Relax at Monkey Beach.
- Hike Penang National Park.
- Take a Street Food Tour.
- Climb to the Arulmigu Balathandayuthapani Waterfall Temple.
- Ascend Penang Hill.
- Explore the Tropical Spice Garden.
- Marvel at a “Floating Mosque”
- Escape to Another World at the “Secret Garden”
Is Kuala Lumpur better than Penang?
So far, the score stands thus: KL has 22 points while Penang is close behind with 19 points. Stay tuned for the second part where we take a look at nightlife, shopping, transportation network, environment, tourism in both cities before tallying up the final school to see which city reigns victorious!
Is food expensive in Malaysia?
While meal prices in Malaysia can vary, the average cost of food in Malaysia is RM64 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Malaysia should cost around RM26 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Can you drink alcohol in Penang?
Thanks to the steep price of booze in Malaysia, its alcohol-imbibing population has a healthy appetite for more reasonably priced, if illicit, moonshine. ( Muslims aren’t allowed to drink, but the rest of the population is free to indulge.)
What is the best month to visit Penang?
Best Time to Visit Penang
- November to January: This is the best time to go to Penang as the weather is very pleasant and conducive for sightseeing.
- February to April: This is a quieter time to visit Penang as many of the tourists have left after the New Year celebrations.
Is Langkawi or Penang better?
In short the main differences between the two islands are: Langkawi: Nature trips, beautiful seas and beaches, great resorts and a relaxed overall atmosphere. Penang: Great (hectic) Asian atmosphere, especially at nighttime, huge shopping centers and many cultural attractions.
Can you swim in Penang beach?
Can You Swim in Batu Ferringhi? Yes, of course, you can. The beach is safe, clean and breezy making it a relaxing spot. If you don’t fancy swimming just take a leisurely walk along its shores.