- 1 How should I dress in Malaysia?
- 2 What should you not wear in Malaysia?
- 3 What should I pack for Malaysia?
- 4 What is formal wear in Malaysia?
- 5 Can you kiss in Malaysia?
- 6 Can girls wear shorts in Malaysia?
- 7 What is prohibited in Malaysia?
- 8 Can you hold hands in Malaysia?
- 9 What do girls wear in Malaysia?
- 10 Are US dollars accepted in Malaysia?
- 11 Can you wear revealing clothes in Malaysia?
- 12 How much cash can I take out of Malaysia?
- 13 What kind of food do Malaysians eat?
- 14 What is traditional food in Malaysia?
- 15 Can I wear shorts to police station Malaysia?
How should I dress in Malaysia?
Islamic tradition suffuses the dress code for locals, Muslim or otherwise, and dictates that both men and women should keep torsos covered; shirt sleeves, if short, should come down to the elbow (for women, long-sleeved tops are preferable), while shorts or skirts should extend down to the knee (long trousers are ideal
What should you not wear in Malaysia?
Dressing inappropriately Malaysia is a multicultural country; however, its majority is Muslim. As such, clothing items such as short skirts and singlets should be avoided. Women should make sure that their shoulders are always covered and pants or skirts go below the knee. Long sleeves are even better.
What should I pack for Malaysia?
What to Wear in Malaysia: A Southeast Asia Packing List
- Carry On Backpack (35L or Less)
- Collapsible Water Bottle.
- Slip on Shoes.
- Lightweight Pants.
- Merino Wool T-Shirts.
- Bug Spray and Sunscreen.
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Light Layer.
- Reliable Lightweight Daypack or Fanny Pack (aka Sling)
What is formal wear in Malaysia?
Both men and ladies are required to only wear formal clothing. This includes suits and tie, shirts and tie or long-sleeved batik shirts and. Slacks on the other hand, must be dark-coloured paired with leather shoes. As for the ladies, they can wear long skirts, slacks and covered shoes.
Can you kiss in Malaysia?
IANS. KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s highest court has ruled that couples who indulge in public display of affection such as hugging and kissing can face imprisonment and hefty fines, reports said on Wednesday.
Can girls wear shorts in Malaysia?
While it is preferable to wear pants in Kuala Lumpur, it is fine to wear skirts and shorts. Just don’t wear “short shorts” or mini skirts. Mid-thigh shorts and skirts are generally sufficient. The worst thing that could happen is that you will a few looks from the locals.
What is prohibited in Malaysia?
Here are 15 illegal acts you can be fined for in Malaysia.
- Advertising for syphilis treatment.
- Acts of mischief like throwing a ring into a river.
- Making too much noise.
- Laying a corpse in public.
- Singing obscene songs in public.
- Being drunk in public.
- Fighting in Public.
Can you hold hands in Malaysia?
Especially in Western countries, holding hands is just fine. And this is normal in Western societies. But under Section 268 of the Penal Code of Malaysia, this is an offense. This should hold true if kissing passionately in public causes discomfort around you.
What do girls wear in Malaysia?
The current traditional dress for women is baju kurung, which comprises of a knee-length, full-sleeved blouse and a long skirt called kain. The skirt is pleated on one side. This attire is usually accompanied by a scarf on the head. A semi formal version is the kebaya, which is a skin-fit two piece costume.
Are US dollars accepted in Malaysia?
United States dollars exchange well in Malaysia as do the British pound and Australian dollar. You can bring cash or travelers checks for exchange. Other currencies can also be exchanged at banks in the large cities.
Can you wear revealing clothes in Malaysia?
Malaysia Style Tips It is hot and humid so we suggest that lightweight clothes in natural fibers (linen, silk or cotton) will be most comfortable. T-shirts and shorts are perfectly acceptable, but avoid skimpy or revealing clothes or you will get unwanted attention.
How much cash can I take out of Malaysia?
Currency Export regulations: Allowed: local currency (Malaysian Ringgit-MYR): up to MYR 30,000. – and foreign currencies: up to USD 10,000. – or equivalent. Higher amounts may be exported if import has been declared upon arrival.
What kind of food do Malaysians eat?
Malaysia food: 10 amazing dishes
- Nasi lemak. Possibly the national dish of Malaysia and beloved by all local Malaysians is a dish known as nasi lemak.
- Ikan bakar.
- Banana leaf.
- Nasi kandar.
- Roti canai.
- Curry laksa and Assam laksa.
- Char kuay teow.
- Hokkien mee.
What is traditional food in Malaysia?
Nasi Lemak is known as Malaysia’s national dish and the public’s all-time favourite. It is rice soaked in coconut milk, served with a type of spice known as ‘sambal’, fried crispy anchovies, toasted peanuts and cucumber. It is wrapped with pandan leaves to a give the nasi lemak a very fragrant taste.
Can I wear shorts to police station Malaysia?
The road transport department (JPJ) has reminded its customers to follow the dress code when at its premises.