- 1 What should I avoid in Malaysia?
- 2 What are the do’s and don’ts in Malaysia?
- 3 Is Malaysia dangerous to visit?
- 4 Is Malaysia a strict country?
- 5 Can you kiss in Malaysia?
- 6 Do all Malaysians speak English?
- 7 Can I wear shorts in Malaysia?
- 8 Can you hold hands in Malaysia?
- 9 What is good salary in KL?
- 10 Can you drink water in Malaysia?
- 11 Is Malaysia cheap or expensive?
- 12 How should I dress in Malaysia?
- 13 Is it illegal for Muslims to drink in Malaysia?
- 14 What food is Malaysia famous for?
What should I avoid in Malaysia?
12 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Malaysia
- Carry drugs into the country.
- Negotiate the roads if you’re new to driving.
- Leave the house without an umbrella.
- Let down your guard while shopping.
- Walk home alone at night.
- Insult the local cuisine.
- Stir up racial tension.
- Ride an unmetered taxi.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Malaysia?
25 Dos and Don’ts in Malaysia to Make You a Better Traveler
- Don’t confuse the terms Malay and Malaysian.
- Don’t go there to party.
- Don’t take taxis – Grab yourself a ride.
- Don’t shake hands with a Malay woman.
- Don’t swap spit in public.
- Don’t point with your forefinger.
- Don’t Tip.
- Don’t get offended.
Is Malaysia dangerous to visit?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM Malaysia is generally a safe country to visit. It is a country where you are unlikely to encounter violence, but you should be careful when it comes to petty crime because its rate is high. Apart from that, Malaysia is exposed to a greater risk of terrorist attacks.
Is Malaysia a strict country?
Malaysia has some incredibly strict laws that may not be common-sense for many travelers from Western countries. Failure to follow these laws can result in fines or imprisonment. Many aspects of Sharia law have been implemented in Malaysia, and some of these laws are applicable to non-Muslims.
Can you kiss in Malaysia?
IANS. KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s highest court has ruled that couples who indulge in public display of affection such as hugging and kissing can face imprisonment and hefty fines, reports said on Wednesday.
Do all Malaysians speak English?
According to official statistics, barely 50 percent of Malaysians are literate in English, while up to 90 percent can speak, read and write Malay which is widely used in Southeast Asia.
Can I wear shorts in Malaysia?
While it is preferable to wear pants in Kuala Lumpur, it is fine to wear skirts and shorts. Just don’t wear “short shorts” or mini skirts. Mid-thigh shorts and skirts are generally sufficient. The worst thing that could happen is that you will a few looks from the locals.
Can you hold hands in Malaysia?
Especially in Western countries, holding hands is just fine. And this is normal in Western societies. But under Section 268 of the Penal Code of Malaysia, this is an offense. This should hold true if kissing passionately in public causes discomfort around you.
What is good salary in KL?
So to give you a roundabout answer, if your income is below RM2,500 a month, you’ll have to live pretty frugally (and many people here subsist on considerably less). RM2,500 to RM4,000 will get you further, and anything above RM5,000 will afford you a pretty comfortable life in KL.
Can you drink water in Malaysia?
No, drinking tap water in Malaysia is not safe. The locals don’t drink straight out of a tap cause they say that there is a bad smell, taste and sometimes the water is brown which is being caused by old, dirty, and rusty pipes. It is advised to drink bottled water or filtered water or boil the water before drinking.
Is Malaysia cheap or expensive?
To answer the question ‘is Malaysia expensive’ we can conclude that Malaysia is a bit more expensive then other countries in South East Asia, such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Traveling in Malaysia is over all way cheaper than traveling in other countries such as Australia, Canada and most countries in Europe.
How should I dress in Malaysia?
Islamic tradition suffuses the dress code for locals, Muslim or otherwise, and dictates that both men and women should keep torsos covered; shirt sleeves, if short, should come down to the elbow (for women, long-sleeved tops are preferable), while shorts or skirts should extend down to the knee (long trousers are ideal
Is it illegal for Muslims to drink in Malaysia?
Alcohol is generally prohibited for Muslim consumers in the country as Malaysia’s sharia law forbids Muslims from drinking alcohol. Alcohol is mostly banned for Muslims in the states of Kelantan and Terengganu. The legal limit for alcohol while driving in Malaysia is 80 milligrams per decilitre or 100 millilitres.
What food is Malaysia famous for?
Malaysia’s top 40 foods
- Mee goreng mamak. Mee goreng mamak.
- Apam balik. This is the ultimate Malaysian pancake.
- Nasi kerabu. Don’t let the blue rice put you off.
- Ayam percik (chicken with percik sauce) Delicious chicken.
- Nasi lemak. Nasi lemak — food of a nation.
- Roti john.
- Rendang (beef, chicken or lamb)