- 1 What is Indonesia known for?
- 2 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 3 What type of country is Indonesia?
- 4 What do u know about Indonesia?
- 5 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 6 What food is Indonesia famous for?
- 7 What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 8 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 9 What is the old name of Indonesia?
- 10 Is Indonesia a Islamic country?
- 11 Why is Indonesia so popular?
- 12 Is Indonesia a 3rd world country?
- 13 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 14 Why Indonesia is the best country?
- 15 What is the flag of Indonesia?
What is Indonesia known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
What type of country is Indonesia?
Indonesia is a presidential, constitutional republic with an elected legislature. It has 34 provinces, of which five have special status. The country’s capital, Jakarta, is the world’s second-most populous urban area. The country shares land borders with Papua New Guinea, East Timor, and the eastern part of Malaysia.
What do u know about Indonesia?
Indonesia is known as the biggest archipelago country in the world. It has over 17,500 islands stretches between the Pacific and the Indian Oceans. Indonesia is also stated along the Ring of Fire, making the country’s territory hosts about 400 volcanoes. There are at least 90 of them still active.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What food is Indonesia famous for?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
20 Unusual, Interesting and Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia is home to over 100 endangered animals.
- Indonesia has the world’s biggest ‘young’ population.
- The world’s biggest flower lives in Indonesia.
- Home to over 700 different languages and dialects.
- Indonesia is the hottest spot on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
What is the old name of Indonesia?
Short Form: Indonesia. Former Names: Netherlands East Indies; Dutch East Indies.
Is Indonesia a Islamic country?
Indonesia contains the largest Muslim population of all countries in the world. But despite this Muslim majority, the country does not constitute a Muslim or Islamic country based on Islamic law. Instead, Indonesia is a secular democratic country, but with very strong Islamic influences.
Why is Indonesia so popular?
Although their food is delicious and their traditions are pretty interesting, the main reason why Indonesia is famous is its places. More than 20 million people visit Indonesia per year, and its basically because they want to see their famous beaches, (active) volcanoes and fantastic landscapes.
Is Indonesia a 3rd world country?
Indonesia in the 21st century is no longer categorized as a “Third World” country, but is now an oasis of political stability and rapid economic growth. In the past, Indonesia may have been seen as an authoritarian state, but now it is recognized as the third-largest democracy in the world.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
According to population census data in 2010, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. Indonesia has the largest Islamic population in the world and for this reason is often recognized as a Muslim nation.
Why Indonesia is the best country?
1. Mesmerizing islands and beaches. That makes Indonesia is a dream destination for island hopping where you can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of pristine beaches. This country is also a favorite place for diving as there are so many diving sites across Indonesia with astonishing underwater scenery.
What is the flag of Indonesia?