- 1 Where should you stay in Indonesia?
- 2 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 3 What is the nicest place in Indonesia?
- 4 Is Indonesia safe for foreigners?
- 5 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 6 Which side of Bali is best?
- 7 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 8 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 9 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 10 What is Indonesia best known for?
- 11 What is the most famous food in Indonesia?
- 12 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 13 Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
- 14 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 15 Is Indonesia safe at night?
Where should you stay in Indonesia?
Then read our comprehensive review!
- 9 Top Areas to Stay in Bali.
- Canggu – Best Area for Backpackers on a Budget.
- Ubud – Best Area for a Romantic Retreat.
- Uluwatu – Best Area for Surfers and Beach-Lovers.
- The Gili Islands – Coolest Place to Stay in Bali.
- Seminyak – Best Area for Shopping.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What is the nicest place in Indonesia?
10 Best Places to Visit in Indonesia
- Komodo National Park.
- Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
- Bukit Lawang.
- Flores Island.
- Tanjung Puting National Park.
- Raja Ampat Islands.
Is Indonesia safe for foreigners?
Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Which side of Bali is best?
Best Areas to Stay in Bali
- Kuta – for surfers & party lovers.
- Seminyak – for sunset beach bars, luxury restaurants, and shopping.
- Canggu – for laid-back boho-chic beach lovers.
- Uluwatu – upscale clifftop resorts and beach clubs.
- Ubud – for serenity, stunning nature and peaceful getaways.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude. Always bend slightly when meeting or greeting an Indonesian older than you or in a position of authority.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t touch a Balinese person (or child) on their head. The head is considered a sacred part of the body. Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house.
What is Indonesia best known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
What is the most famous food in Indonesia?
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) is considered Indonesia’s national dish. This dish originated from Padang, Sumatra. Padang food is famous for its spicyness and richness in flavor. You definitely have to try Beef Rendang.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Is Indonesia an expensive country to travel around? No. For more comfortable budget travelling it is probably best to plan about $20 a day. For luxury items prices go up very rapidly meaning they are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
Is Indonesia safe at night?
Indonesia is a very safe destination for female travelers however, traveling alone at night is not recommended. Do keep in mind that Indonesia is a Muslim country and dress conservatively when you are not at the beach.