- 1 What can you not bring into Indonesia?
- 2 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 3 What should I bring on my carry on to Bali?
- 4 What do people usually wear in Indonesia?
- 5 How much cash can I bring into Indonesia?
- 6 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 7 How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- 8 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 9 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 10 What should I wear on a plane to Bali?
- 11 How much should I bring to Bali?
- 12 How should I prepare for a trip to Bali?
- 13 What do Indonesian girls wear?
- 14 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 15 What is the traditional food of Indonesia?
What can you not bring into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.
What should I bring on my carry on to Bali?
Bali Packing Essentials
- 3 Short sleeve tops.
- 3 Pair of shorts or skirts.
- 1 Pair of sandals (make them hiking style and they can be your only shoes, unless you’re going dancing!)
- 4 Pair of underwear.
- 1 Nice dress or collared shirt.
- 1 Swimsuit.
- 1 Light jacket.
- 1 Daypack for day trips and adventures.
What do people usually wear in Indonesia?
Most Indonesians wear ‘western’ style clothing for everyday wear. Men wear pants and shirts, sometimes with a tie. Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate.
How much cash can I bring into Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude. Always bend slightly when meeting or greeting an Indonesian older than you or in a position of authority.
How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
Meeting and Greeting Shake hands and give a slight nod when meeting for the first time. After the first meeting, a handshake is not necessary; a slight bow or nod of the head is sufficient. Shake an Indonesian woman’s hand only if she initiates the greeting. Greet people with “Selamat” (sell-a-mat), which means peace.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
What should I wear on a plane to Bali?
- Nikes or All-stars (breathable shoes!)
- Stretchy pants or sweat pants.
- Comfy tee (for instance, the Take me to Bali teeto get into the Bali mood, hihi;)
- Oversized sweater or hoodie.
- Extra scarf or sarong cause it’s usually cold in the plane.
How much should I bring to Bali?
You should plan to spend around Rp922,211 ($65) per day on your vacation in Bali, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp258,405 ($18) on meals for one day and Rp116,446 ($8.17) on local transportation.
How should I prepare for a trip to Bali?
These are things we always make sure to do before leaving for Bali:
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
What do Indonesian girls wear?
At home, Indonesian women like to wear loose and comfortable dresses called daster. In recent years, more and more Muslim women cover their hair and neck with a veil, jilbab or hijab.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What is the traditional food of Indonesia?
Nasi goreng Considered Indonesia’s national dish, this take on Asian fried rice is often made with sweet, thick soy sauce called kecap (pronounced ketchup) and garnished with acar, pickled cucumber and carrots.