- 1 What country is to the south of Indonesia?
- 2 Which country is east of Indonesia?
- 3 What other countries are near Indonesia?
- 4 What island is next Indonesia?
- 5 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 6 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 7 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 8 Why Indonesia is named after India?
- 9 What country is connected to Indonesia?
- 10 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 11 What food is Indonesia famous for?
- 12 Which Indonesian island should I visit?
- 13 Which country has the most islands in the world?
What country is to the south of Indonesia?
Geography. Being a vast, sprawling archipelago, Indonesia shares a border with several countries. In the north, it borders Malaysia, and East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the south.
Which country is east of Indonesia?
Indonesia shares land borders with Malaysia on Borneo and Sebatik, Papua New Guinea on the island of New Guinea, and East Timor on the island of Timor, and maritime borders with Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Palau, and Australia.
What other countries are near Indonesia?
Borders of Indonesia
- The borders of Indonesia include land and maritime borders with Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, and Timor Leste, as well as shared maritime boundaries with Australia, India, Palau, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Indonesia shares a land border with Malaysia on the island of Borneo.
What island is next Indonesia?
- Sunda Islands. Greater Sunda Islands. Java, formerly Jawa Dwipa. Sumatra, formerly Swarna Dwipa.
- Maluku Islands (Moluccas)
- New Guinea: divided between the two Indonesian provinces of Papua and West Papua and the country of Papua New Guinea.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
Why Indonesia is named after India?
Although Indonesia did not become the country’s official name until the time of independence, the name was used as early as 1884 by a German geographer; it is thought to derive from the Greek indos, meaning “India,” and nesos, meaning “island.” After a period of occupation by the Japanese (1942–45) during World War II,
What country is connected to Indonesia?
Indonesia shares borders with Malaysia on Borneo island, with Papua New Guinea on Papua island, and with East Timor on Timor island. Other neighboring countries include Singapore, the Philippines, Australia, and the union territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
According to population census data in 2010, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. Indonesia has the largest Islamic population in the world and for this reason is often recognized as a Muslim nation.
What food is Indonesia famous for?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
Which Indonesian island should I visit?
Bali is by far the most popular and globally known of the Indonesian islands. Although it can get crowded here during the high season it remains one of the best islands in Indonesia to visit. Also known as the Island of the Gods, Bali boasts a varied landscape, incredible beaches and an intriguing Hindu culture.
Which country has the most islands in the world?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited. Even the capital of Stockholm is built across a 14-island archipelago with more than 50 bridges.