- 1 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 2 Is Indonesia good for tourists?
- 3 Why should I visit Indonesia?
- 4 What is Indonesia best known for?
- 5 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 6 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 7 What is Indonesia famous food?
- 8 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 9 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 10 Why is Indonesia so popular?
- 11 Why is Bali famous?
- 12 When should I go to Indonesia?
- 13 Which is the national flower of Indonesia?
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia good for tourists?
With nearly 13,500 islands under its jurisdiction, Indonesia offers an adventure for everyone, from exploring ancient temples and hiking active volcanoes to diving in largely untouched waters.
Why should I visit Indonesia?
You will find that a lot of tourists love coming to Indonesia because of how beautiful and diverse this country is. Known to many as Wonderful Indonesia, it brings you the second largest tropical forests, many pristine beaches with great dive sites and surfing waves, amazing hikes to active volcanoes and wildlife.
What is Indonesia best known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t touch a Balinese person (or child) on their head. The head is considered a sacred part of the body. Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house.
What is Indonesia famous food?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Why is Indonesia so popular?
Although their food is delicious and their traditions are pretty interesting, the main reason why Indonesia is famous is its places. More than 20 million people visit Indonesia per year, and its basically because they want to see their famous beaches, (active) volcanoes and fantastic landscapes.
Why is Bali famous?
Also known as the Land of the Gods, Bali appeals through its sheer natural beauty of looming volcanoes and lush terraced rice fields that exude peace and serenity. It is also famous for surfers’ paradise!
When should I go to Indonesia?
The best time to travel to Indonesia is during the dry season, which starts in May and ends in October. However, if you wish to visit Papua or the Maluku Islands, it is best to travel between September and March. The perfect months to visit the country whilst avoiding the tourist crowds are May, June and September.
Which is the national flower of Indonesia?
Indonesian national floral emblems National flower (Indonesian: Puspa bangsa) of Indonesia is Melati putih (Jasminum sambac)