- 1 Is 100 dollars a lot in Indonesia?
- 2 What can I bring into Indonesia?
- 3 How much money can you bring into a country?
- 4 Is Indonesia a duty free country?
- 5 Why is Indonesia so cheap?
- 6 Is Indonesia a cheap country?
- 7 What can’t you take into Indonesia?
- 8 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 9 How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
- 10 Can airport scanner detect money?
- 11 What happens if I declare more than 10000?
- 12 How much cash can I bring on a plane?
- 13 How are customs fees calculated?
- 14 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 15 How many cigarettes can I bring to Indonesia?
Is 100 dollars a lot in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali. 4-8 nights’ stay in a Bali budget hotel.
What can I bring into Indonesia?
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS: You may bring a maximum of 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars or 100 grams of tobacco and a reasonable amount of perfume per adult. One litre of alcoholic beverage may be brought in per person 18 years of age or over. Personal goods up to a value of USD 250. – per passenger or USD 1,000.
How much money can you bring into a country?
Here’s what the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website writes: “It is legal to transport any amount of currency or monetary instruments into or out of the United States,” But anyone carrying more than $10,000 must declare the amount by filing a Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary
Is Indonesia a duty free country?
Indonesia duty free The following goods may be imported into Indonesia by travellers over 18 years of age without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 100g of tobacco. 1L of alcoholic beverages. Gifts up to a value of US$250 per person or US$1,000 per family.
Why is Indonesia so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Is Indonesia a cheap country?
In general, outside of the popular tourist destinations, Indonesia is a very inexpensive country, and budget deals can be had in these places as well with a little searching.
What can’t you take into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
There’s a maximum limit of 1 litre in effect in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines. Vietnam and Singapore are slightly more generous with a 3-litre limit, while Japan has a highly precise maximum of three 760ml bottles.
Can airport scanner detect money?
The bills were dropped into evidence bags. TSA screeners can only seize objects that might imperil an airliner, and cash does not pose such a threat.
What happens if I declare more than 10000?
Failure to declare monetary instruments in amounts valued more than $10,000 can result in its seizure. If you are caught crossing the border with any amount of undeclared cash in excess of $10,000 USD you will almost certainly have it seized from you.
How much cash can I bring on a plane?
If you are on a domestic flight in the US, there is no limit to the amount of cash or monetary instruments that you can carry. However, the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) security officers at the passenger screening area may ask a passenger who is carrying a large sum of cash to account for the money.
How are customs fees calculated?
To calculate the estimated duty fee for a shipment where the fee is determined by percentage value, simply multiply the total value of the goods by the percentage that applies to their HTS code, and then divide this figure by 100. For example: You wish to import an order of chopsticks with a value of $10,000.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
How many cigarettes can I bring to Indonesia?
Indonesia customs Tobacco products (no limitations for diplomats): 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 100 grammes of tobacco; 1 litre of liquor; A reasonable quantity of perfume; Personal goods up to a value of USD 250.