- 1 How much money can you bring into a country?
- 2 What can you not bring into Indonesia?
- 3 What currency should I take to Indonesia?
- 4 Can airport scanner detect money?
- 5 Why do you have to declare cash at customs?
- 6 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 7 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 8 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 9 Can I use my debit card in Bali?
- 10 What is the best currency to take to Bali?
- 11 What can 1 USD buy in Indonesia?
- 12 Why is Indonesia so cheap?
- 13 How Safe Is Bali?
How much money can you bring into a country?
Here’s what the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website writes: “It is legal to transport any amount of currency or monetary instruments into or out of the United States,” But anyone carrying more than $10,000 must declare the amount by filing a Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary
What can you not bring into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What currency should I take to Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
Can airport scanner detect money?
The bills were dropped into evidence bags. TSA screeners can only seize objects that might imperil an airliner, and cash does not pose such a threat.
Why do you have to declare cash at customs?
The point of the U.S. customs cash limit is to catch criminals and prevent money from being used to fund illegal activity like money laundering or drug trafficking. Unfortunately, travelers who are otherwise law-abiding citizens sometimes get caught illegally traveling with too much cash.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude. Always bend slightly when meeting or greeting an Indonesian older than you or in a position of authority.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
Can I use my debit card in Bali?
ATM Machines ATMs are easily found in Bali’s most populated areas and most accept international cards and credit cards for cash withdrawals. Debit cards are accepted by some ATMs on the Maestro and Cirrus networks. There is for example one ATM machine on Lembongan Island, which does not always work.
What is the best currency to take to Bali?
Better to take hard currency and change when you arrive. Pounds are acceptable, as are euros, but US or Australian dollars are better regarded and generally secure the best rates.
What can 1 USD buy in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
Why is Indonesia so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
How Safe Is Bali?
Bali is safe to visit. And whilst petty crime does pose a little bit of a problem, there were ‘only’ a total of 3,347 criminal cases recorded. That’s 1 case per 1,700 tourists and that’s a number that down from the year before. Violent crime itself is relatively low as well.