- 1 How do you say thank you in Indonesian slang?
- 2 How do you say thank you in Bali?
- 3 How do you say hello in Jakarta?
- 4 How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- 5 How do you say thank you so much?
- 6 How do you say yes in Bahasa?
- 7 What does Suksma mean?
- 8 How do you say love in Bali?
- 9 What is the national dish of Bali?
- 10 What does Wayan mean in Bali?
- 11 What Apa Kabar means?
- 12 What does MAS mean in Indonesian?
- 13 How do you address a woman in Indonesia?
How do you say thank you in Indonesian slang?
1- Terima kasih. In Indonesian “Thank you.” is Terima kasih. The first word of the phrase, terima, means “to accept.” This is followed by kasih, which in Indonesian means “love.” And the entire expression again is terima kasih.
How do you say thank you in Bali?
Say thank you. You can thank someone in Balinese by saying ” suksma,” which translates as “thanks.” For a more polite version, you could say “terima kasih” for “thank you,” or “matur suksma” for “thank you very much.”
How do you say hello in Jakarta?
- Good Morning: Selamat pagi (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat pah-gee”)
- Good Day: Selamat siang (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat see-ahng”)
- Good Afternoon: Selamat sore (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat sor-ee”)
- Good Evening: Selamat malam (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat mah-lahm”)
How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
Meeting and Greeting Shake hands and give a slight nod when meeting for the first time. After the first meeting, a handshake is not necessary; a slight bow or nod of the head is sufficient. Shake an Indonesian woman’s hand only if she initiates the greeting. Greet people with “Selamat” (sell-a-mat), which means peace.
How do you say thank you so much?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you.
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing!
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million.
- 7 Many thanks.
How do you say yes in Bahasa?
1) Ya — The formal yes What’s the translation of yes in Bahasa Melayu? — Ya! It’s simply short, similar to its English equivalent. It’s the standard and formal translation for yes.
What does Suksma mean?
(suksma.) You’re welcome.
How do you say love in Bali?
In the first one of the beautiful words in Balinese language, we want to mention the romantic words that usually used for showing love or affection to someone. And those words are Titiyang Tresna Sareng Ragane. This sentence contains three important words, Tiyang, Tresna, and also the last one Raga.
What is the national dish of Bali?
This should be classed as the national dish of Indonesia— Nasi Goreng literally means fried rice in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, and is a popular staple here in Bali.
What does Wayan mean in Bali?
Wayan is a Balinese name meaning “eldest”. Second born children are named Made, Kadek, or Nengah. Made and Nengah mean madya or “middle”. Kadek means “little brother” or “little sister”. The third born is given the name Nyoman or Komang.
What Apa Kabar means?
Apa kabar simply means ‘ how are you ‘ or ‘what’s up’ – the word apa literally means ‘what’ so if an Indonesian says ‘apa kabar’ to you and you’re not sure what they said you can actually reply ‘apa??
What does MAS mean in Indonesian?
‘Mas’ is a Javanese word (not Indonesian at all), and it means ” older brother.” So, ironically, it is used by the Javanese as a term of respect… sometimes applied to one’s actual older brother, and sometimes applied to a male friend or colleague of a similar or slightly older age.
How do you address a woman in Indonesia?
Indonesians normally address a lady as Ibu and a man as Pak or Bapak. It doesn’t mean you look old. It is not uncommon for a lady in her 20s to be called Ibu especially if she has some social standing. Kamu means ‘you’.