- 1 Is Indonesia a good country?
- 2 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 3 How can you describe Indonesia?
- 4 In which country is Indonesia located?
- 5 Is Indonesia a 3rd world country?
- 6 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 7 What food is Indonesia famous for?
- 8 What are the beliefs of Indonesia?
- 9 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 10 What are the values of Indonesia?
- 11 What are 3 traditional foods of Indonesia?
- 12 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 13 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 14 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
Is Indonesia a good country?
Good news coming as Indonesia voted as Best Country in the World on Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards for 2019. Ranked 15th in the previous year, in 2019 Indonesia is able to place first with score 92.78, followed by other Asian countries, such as Thailand (#2), Sri Lanka (#4), and the Philippines (#8).
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
How can you describe Indonesia?
Indonesia is the largest country in Southeast Asia, with a maximum dimension from east to west of about 3,200 miles (5,100 km) and an extent from north to south of 1,100 miles (1,800 km). It shares a border with Malaysia in the northern part of Borneo and with Papua New Guinea in the centre of New Guinea.
In which country is Indonesia located?
Is Indonesia a 3rd world country?
Indonesia in the 21st century is no longer categorized as a “Third World” country, but is now an oasis of political stability and rapid economic growth. In the past, Indonesia may have been seen as an authoritarian state, but now it is recognized as the third-largest democracy in the world.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What food is Indonesia famous for?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What are the beliefs of Indonesia?
There are six religions in Indonesia But Islam is just one of six official religions acknowledged in the country — Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. In Bali, for example, the dominant religion is Hinduism, and there are localities where there are more Christians than Muslims.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude. Always bend slightly when meeting or greeting an Indonesian older than you or in a position of authority.
What are the values of Indonesia?
- Filial piety.
What are 3 traditional foods of Indonesia?
Top 10 Indonesian Food that You Just Have to Try!
- Indonesian Satay. Satay is meat skewers that are cooked over coals.
- Fried Rice. I think this dish doesn’t need any further introduction.
- Beef Rendang. This dish originated from Padang, Sumatra.
- Nasi Rawon.
- Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup)
- Nasi Uduk.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
According to population census data in 2010, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. Indonesia has the largest Islamic population in the world and for this reason is often recognized as a Muslim nation.