- 1 What part of Indonesia has the largest population?
- 2 Which Indonesian island is most populated?
- 3 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 4 What are the 5 most populated islands in the world?
- 5 Which is the most populated island on earth?
- 6 What is Indonesia known for?
- 7 Does Indonesia speak Chinese?
- 8 Why did Chinese go to Indonesia?
- 9 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 10 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 11 What are 3 traditional foods of Indonesia?
What part of Indonesia has the largest population?
Java is one of the world’s most densely populated areas. The island averages more than 2,600 persons per square mile (1,000 per square km) and has the majority of Indonesia’s population on only 7 percent of the total land area of the republic.
Which Indonesian island is most populated?
The largest cluster is on Java, with some 130 million inhabitants (60 percent of the country’s population) on an island the size of New York State. Sumatra, much larger than Java, has less than a third of its people.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What are the 5 most populated islands in the world?
The 10 Most Populous Islands in the World
- Sumatra, Indonesia — 50 million people.
- Luzon, Philippines — 49.52 million people.
- Madagascar — 25.57 million people.
- Mindanao, Philippines — 25.53 million people.
- Taiwan — 23.76 million people.
- Sri Lanka — 21.44 million people.
- Borneo — 21.3 million people.
Which is the most populated island on earth?
The world’s most populous island is Java, in Indonesia, which had a population of 136 million in 2010, all living in an area of 127,569 km² (49,254 miles²).
What is Indonesia known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
Does Indonesia speak Chinese?
Ethnic Chinese make up 1.2% of Indonesia’s population, or about 3 million people. Other figures have it at 7.2 million. But whether it is 3 million or 7.2 million, there is a big market for the Chinese language. When the ban was first lifted, there was an initial rush to learn the Chinese language.
Why did Chinese go to Indonesia?
Another reason for Chinese citizens migrating to Indonesia was the exploratory nature of the Chinese people. At the same time, the Chinese felt that they were losing their national identity, caught between the Dutch and the native Indonesians. Many Chinese protested for the same rights as the Dutch in parliament.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude. Always bend slightly when meeting or greeting an Indonesian older than you or in a position of authority.
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
What are 3 traditional foods of Indonesia?
Top 10 Indonesian Food that You Just Have to Try!
- Indonesian Satay. Satay is meat skewers that are cooked over coals.
- Fried Rice. I think this dish doesn’t need any further introduction.
- Beef Rendang. This dish originated from Padang, Sumatra.
- Nasi Rawon.
- Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup)
- Nasi Uduk.