- 1 What is Jakarta famous for?
- 2 What is it like for tourists What is there to see in Jakarta?
- 3 Is Jakarta Good for tourists?
- 4 What are some good things about Jakarta?
- 5 What should I wear in Jakarta?
- 6 Is Jakarta safe?
- 7 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 8 How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
- 9 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 10 Is Jakarta expensive?
- 11 Can you drink tap water in Jakarta?
- 12 How many days do you need in Jakarta?
- 13 What is the culture of Jakarta?
- 14 Is Jakarta a good city?
- 15 What is the size of Jakarta?
What is Jakarta famous for?
Jakarta Pusat or central Jakarta is where you can find the iconic landmarks such as Monas, The Merdeka Palace, The National Museum, Istiqlal Mosque, The Jakarta Cathedral, and Monumen Selamat Datang or the welcome monument widely renowned as Bunderan HI.
What is it like for tourists What is there to see in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,143.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Is Jakarta Good for tourists?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
What are some good things about Jakarta?
6 Best Things to Do in Jakarta
- Enjoy the Best Bars with Beautiful Views. One of my favorite things about Jakarta is the nightlife.
- Experience the Luxury Hotels.
- Monas – The National Monument.
- Visit the Thousand Islands.
- Enjoy the nightlife.
- Go to the malls.
What should I wear in Jakarta?
Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. For nicer restaurants, wear long pants; women, skirts or dresses. For clubs, dress to impress the door staff; those in shorts, trainers and flip flops will probably be turned away.
Is Jakarta safe?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
Jakarta is surrounded by a cluster of a thousand islands, and Bidadari Island has the best beaches around Jakarta. One can get to it by simply taking a 30-minute boat ride. The cottages facing the seaside are the perfect setting for a stress-free weekend away from the bustle of life.
How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
Here are our recommendations about the top 10 things to do in Jakarta on weekends.
- Kota Tua (Old Town Jakarta) Source: Google Maps.
- Ancol. Allianz Ecopark, Ancol Source: Google Maps.
- Dufan. Dunia Fantasi.
- Monumen Nasional.
- Double-decker Jakarta Tour Bus #JakartaExplorer.
- Museum Macan.
- Ragunan Zoo.
- Jakarta Mangrove Forest.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
Is Jakarta expensive?
The prices in Indonesia are generally cheaper than most cities in the US and Europe. However, Jakarta itself is not a cheap city. In fact, when you compare to other capital cities in Southeast Asia, Jakarta is probably the most expensive city (after Singapore, of course) for expats.
Can you drink tap water in Jakarta?
The tap water in Jakarta, Indonesia, is not safe to drink. But other inhabitants do drink the tap water after boiling. Tap water in Indonesia is not suitable for direct drinking, including hotels tap. You can use water for washing and showers.
How many days do you need in Jakarta?
A: Jakarta though an interesting and complex city, it does not really take many days to explore what typically tourist would like to see. I would suggest generally 3-4 days to cover most of the interesting sights and things to do, while also give in time for commuting thanks to the traffic.
What is the culture of Jakarta?
The people are mostly of Malay and Polynesian descent, with over 300 ethnic groups and subgroups represented. Due to its long history as a key trading post, Jakarta is also home to immigrant minorities of Chinese, Arabic and Persian descent.
Is Jakarta a good city?
Jakarta, Indonesia, is characterized by reasonably priced housing. According to our city rankings, this is a good place to live with high ratings in cost of living, safety and leisure & culture. Jakarta is one of the top ten city matches for 0.4% of Teleport users.
What is the size of Jakarta?