- 1 How many languages are spoken in Indonesia?
- 2 What are the major languages spoken in Indonesia?
- 3 Which country has the most languages?
- 4 Is Indonesia poor?
- 5 What is Indonesia main religion?
- 6 What is the most spoken language in Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia safe?
- 8 Why does Indonesia not speak Dutch?
- 9 Does Indonesia speak English?
- 10 Which country has only one language?
- 11 What is the oldest language in the world?
- 12 Which language is most spoken in the world?
How many languages are spoken in Indonesia?
There are over 800 languages spoken in Indonesia according to the 2010 census. Other sources consider several of these to be dialects of the same language, and show the number of unique languages being closer to 700. By all estimates, Indonesia is one of the most linguistically diverse countries in the world.
What are the major languages spoken in Indonesia?
Which country has the most languages?
Which country has the widest linguistic diversity? Papua New Guinea is the most multilingual country, with over 839 living languages, according to Ethnologue, a catalogue of the world’s known languages.
Is Indonesia poor?
In September 2017, Indonesia’s poverty rate stood at 10.12 %, with some 26.58 million with some 25 million people living below the poverty line. As of September 2018, the poverty rate stood at 9.66% (some 25 million people), the lowest ever recorded.
What is Indonesia main religion?
According to population census data in 2010, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. Indonesia has the largest Islamic population in the world and for this reason is often recognized as a Muslim nation.
What is the most spoken language in Indonesia?
It’s probably the easiest non-European language for English speakers. You will have to build your Indonesian vocabulary from scratch as there is little overlaps with English. On the other hand, words are relatively easy to pronounce and to memorize and Indonesian grammar is very easy.
Is Indonesia safe?
Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Why does Indonesia not speak Dutch?
Dutch language policy failed to make Dutch an international language because of its lack of vision. There are fewer than 25 million Dutch speakers, in the Netherlands, Flanders, Suriname and the Caribbean. Had Indonesia become Dutch-speaking as well, there would be 300 million.
Does Indonesia speak English?
Indonesians speak Indonesian, but some Indonesians do speak English. How many Indonesians speak English is difficult to say however, perhaps 10% of Indonesians can speak English reasonably well, in fact some can speak fluently. One, if you have a TV you can learn English.
Which country has only one language?
Czech Republic Turns Its Back on Russia. Following the collapse of the Communist regime in 1989, Russian was abolished in Czechoslovakia as the first foreign language, marking a turning point in foreign language teaching.
What is the oldest language in the world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC.
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC.
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC.
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
Which language is most spoken in the world?
The most spoken languages in the world
- English (1.132 million speakers)
- Mandarin (1.117 million speakers)
- Spanish (534 million speakers)
- French (280 million speakers)
- Arabic (274 million speakers)
- Russian (258 million speakers)
- Portuguese (234 million speakers)