- 1 What’s it like to live in Indonesia?
- 2 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 3 Why is Indonesia so popular?
- 4 What do you love about Indonesia?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of living in Indonesia?
- 6 Is it easy to move to Indonesia?
- 7 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 8 What food is Indonesia famous for?
- 9 What is the old name of Indonesia?
- 10 Why is Indonesia so cheap?
- 11 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 12 Is Indonesia a cheap country?
- 13 What makes Indonesia beautiful?
- 14 Why is Indonesia so beautiful?
- 15 Why should I go to Indonesia?
What’s it like to live in Indonesia?
As individuals and families, Indonesians tend to be polite, respectful, helpful, humble, generous and inclusive. Don’t ever be upset by the Indonesian propensity to laugh when facing awkward situations. Alcohol is not widely consumed, so you’re unlikely to encounter many belligerent local drunkards.
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
Why is Indonesia so popular?
Although their food is delicious and their traditions are pretty interesting, the main reason why Indonesia is famous is its places. More than 20 million people visit Indonesia per year, and its basically because they want to see their famous beaches, (active) volcanoes and fantastic landscapes.
What do you love about Indonesia?
11 Reasons Why We Love Living in Indonesia
- The breathtaking nature. The Indonesian archipelago is graced with magnificent natural landscape; from hills to rivers, mountains to oceans.
- The food.
- The wildlife.
- The exotic beaches.
- The festivals and celebrations.
What are the disadvantages of living in Indonesia?
They Are Cons
- Healthcare. Though many minor health problems can be sorted in the country itself.
- Corruption. It may become very tough for you to start a business without paying a corrupt government official.
- Imported Products.
Is it easy to move to Indonesia?
Applying for and acquiring a visa to Indonesia is a simple process, except for work visas, which are quite difficult to obtain. Expats can obtain several types of visas that dictate how long they can stay in the country and how much they pay for them.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
What food is Indonesia famous for?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What is the old name of Indonesia?
Short Form: Indonesia. Former Names: Netherlands East Indies; Dutch East Indies.
Why is Indonesia so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia a cheap country?
In general, outside of the popular tourist destinations, Indonesia is a very inexpensive country, and budget deals can be had in these places as well with a little searching.
What makes Indonesia beautiful?
Did you know that Indonesia has a fantastic nature with a rich flora and fauna? Several species and plants are endemic. If you feel like sunbathing and swimming, there are also plenty of paradise beaches, both wild and more touristy beaches. Indonesia is also home to a vast rainforest (the largest one in Asia).
Why is Indonesia so beautiful?
“The largely volcanic nature of the islands has created tall cloud-swept mountains swathed in the green of rice terraces or rain forest, dropping to blindingly bright beaches and vivid blue seas, the backdrop for Southeast Asia’s biggest wilderness areas and wildlife sanctuaries,” the prominent travel guide website
Why should I go to Indonesia?
You will find that a lot of tourists love coming to Indonesia because of how beautiful and diverse this country is. Known to many as Wonderful Indonesia, it brings you the second largest tropical forests, many pristine beaches with great dive sites and surfing waves, amazing hikes to active volcanoes and wildlife.