- 1 How should I dress in Bali?
- 2 What should you wear on a domestic flight?
- 3 What should I wear for honeymoon in Bali?
- 4 What should I wear in Indonesia?
- 5 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 6 How do you say hello in Balinese?
- 7 Should you wear jeans on a plane?
- 8 Can you wear leggings on a plane?
- 9 Is it OK to wear flip flops on a plane?
- 10 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 11 Is Maldives better than Bali?
- 12 What couples do in Bali?
- 13 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 14 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 15 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
How should I dress in Bali?
When visiting temples and other religious sites, use common sense, and follow local etiquette. Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
What should you wear on a domestic flight?
What to Wear When Flying Long Distance
- Jacket. This outerwear piece is the quickest way to look chic and increase the chances of an airplane upgrade.
- Long cardigan or pullover. Six-hour flights and above involve long hours of sitting in an airplane cabin.
- Scarf or pashmina.
- T-shirt or top.
- Sneakers or comfortable shoes.
What should I wear for honeymoon in Bali?
Bali Packing List
- 4 Tops.
- 3 Bottoms.
- 3 Dresses.
- 1 Jacket/Sweater.
- 2 Swimsuits.
- 1 Pajamas.
- 1 Comfortable Sandals.
- 1 Flip flops.
What should I wear in Indonesia?
Most Indonesians wear ‘western’ style clothing for everyday wear. Men wear pants and shirts, sometimes with a tie. Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
How do you say hello in Balinese?
Saying “Hello” in Balinese. Say ” om suastiastu”. To say “hello” in Balinese you should say “om suastiastu.” X Research source The Balinese language has a different alphabet to Western languages, so this transcribing of the phrase for hello is written as it is pronounced in Balinese.
Should you wear jeans on a plane?
You should always bring jeans with you on your trip because they go with almost everything. But you should not wear skinny or tight jeans while flying. All that time you’re sitting on a plane, especially one that is over ten hours, will make your skinny jeans feel very uncomfortable.
Can you wear leggings on a plane?
Anything tight You want to be able to move comfortably, encouraging healthy blood circulation and avoiding deep vein thrombosis—blood clots in the legs. Wear instead: Anything with an elastic waist. Leggings or stylish sweats can keep you feeling cozy without sacrificing style points.
Is it OK to wear flip flops on a plane?
“Flip-flops and backless shoes can also end up flying off your feet, and your feet are more likely to freeze, especially during a long flight.” Furthermore, open shoes can make for an unsanitary visit to the airplane lavatories. “Be wary of wearing sandals if you are planning on going in the lavatory,” warns Fischbach. 5
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Is Maldives better than Bali?
If adventure on land is on your mind, Bali is for you. On the other hand, the Maldives offers better alternatives for the sea – the Baa Atoll offers amazing snorkelling, diving and underwater expeditions. Watersports in Maldives are better, and there are many places to try them.
What couples do in Bali?
The Top Romantic Things to Do in Bali for Couples
- Enjoy an intimate couples’ spa day.
- Hike up Mende Hill.
- Book a sunset dinner on Jimbaran Beach.
- Commemorate the holiday with a photoshoot.
- Walk through the Marigold fields.
- Take a private cooking class.
- Watch a film on Karma Beach.
- Try sunset horseback riding.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude. Always bend slightly when meeting or greeting an Indonesian older than you or in a position of authority.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun. At such times, we’d recommend you wear a kaftan or sarong at the least.