- 1 What do I need to pack for Bali?
- 2 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 3 When should you not go to Bali?
- 4 How many days are enough in Bali?
- 5 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 6 Are taxis expensive in Bali?
- 7 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 8 What is illegal in Bali?
- 9 What should I be careful of in Bali?
- 10 Is Bali expensive to visit?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 12 Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
- 13 What is the nicest part of Bali?
- 14 Which one is better Bali or Thailand?
- 15 Is June a good month to visit Bali?
What do I need to pack for Bali?
Consider waiting until you arrive in Bali to purchase some of these common items:
- Sarongs (for sun protection and some Hindu temples require men to wear one to enter)
- Beach bags.
- Swimsuits / beach cover-ups.
- Evening and sundresses.
- Flip-flops / sandals.
- Handmade jewelry.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
When should you not go to Bali?
When to Visit Bali to Avoid Crowds October, January, and February are Bali’s true off-season. All three months are officially the rainy period (January sees the most rainfall), which means you won’t find crowds in search of perfect beach weather and diving conditions.
How many days are enough in Bali?
However, if you are for the first time on holiday to Bali, the recommended holiday duration to be able to visit the most favorite attraction and fun activities in Bali is a week ( 7 days six nights ). However, if you often have a vacation to Bali, four days and three nights holiday duration, is perfect for you.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
Are taxis expensive in Bali?
How much is the taxi fare in Bali? The basic fee is IDR7,000.00, the kilometer price is IDR6,600.00. For standing and waiting time, IDR42,500.00 is charged per hour.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What should I be careful of in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you don’t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
Is it safe for an unmarried couple to visit the island? The answer is yes. As foreigners, there should never be anything to worry about when visiting Bali. The only thing you have to remember is to respect their norms at all times.
What is the nicest part of Bali?
Best Areas to Stay in Bali
- Kuta – for surfers & party lovers.
- Seminyak – for sunset beach bars, luxury restaurants, and shopping.
- Canggu – for laid-back boho-chic beach lovers.
- Uluwatu – upscale clifftop resorts and beach clubs.
- Ubud – for serenity, stunning nature and peaceful getaways.
Which one is better Bali or Thailand?
TL;DR: Our verdict. The winner: Thailand works out to be cheaper overall, has a wider range of cuisines and activities for families and has cleaner beaches. If nightlife is where you’re at though, Bali is the winner. Scroll here for our quick side-by-side comparison of each destination.
Is June a good month to visit Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is generally during the summer months of June, July, and August when the weather is driest and the days are sunny. Unfortunately, that’s also when the island becomes the most crowded—you won’t be the only one in search of surf, sand, and sun!