- 1 What do I need to pack for Bali?
- 2 What should I wear to 2018 in Bali?
- 3 How do I prepare for a trip to Bali?
- 4 What do they wear in Bali?
- 5 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 6 Are taxis expensive in Bali?
- 7 Is it customary to tip in Bali?
- 8 How much cash should I take to Bali?
- 9 What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
- 10 What should I be careful of in Bali?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 12 Are there any travel warnings for Bali?
- 13 What do I need to know about visiting Bali Indonesia?
- 14 What clothes do Indonesia wear?
What do I need to pack for Bali?
Consider waiting until you arrive in Bali to purchase some of these common items:
- Sarongs (for sun protection and some Hindu temples require men to wear one to enter)
- Beach bags.
- Swimsuits / beach cover-ups.
- Evening and sundresses.
- Flip-flops / sandals.
- Handmade jewelry.
What should I wear to 2018 in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
How do I prepare for a trip to Bali?
These are things we always make sure to do before leaving for Bali:
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
What do they wear in Bali?
The women wear white or colourful kebaya paired with a batik kamben which is very similar to a sarong, a sash tied around their waist and flowers in their hair. The men wear white shirts, batik or songket kamben with an overlay called the saput.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
Are taxis expensive in Bali?
How much is the taxi fare in Bali? The basic fee is IDR7,000.00, the kilometer price is IDR6,600.00. For standing and waiting time, IDR42,500.00 is charged per hour.
Is it customary to tip in Bali?
While tipping in Bali is considered to be a western concept, and not mandatory, it is generally appreciated by the service staff. In most restaurants tipping between 5-20% is generally what we opt for.
How much cash should I take to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What should I be careful of in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
Are there any travel warnings for Bali?
Do not travel to Indonesia, including Bali, due to the health risks from the COVID-19 pandemic and the significant disruptions to global travel. 3
What do I need to know about visiting Bali Indonesia?
Important things to know for first timer’s in Bali:
- Visa. As of 2016 nationals of 169 countries can visit Indonesia visa-free for 30 days, while Visa on Arrival applies for others at USD 35.
- Weather. Peak season: August and December 20 to January 9.
What clothes do Indonesia wear?
Most Indonesians wear ‘western’ style clothing for everyday wear. Men wear pants and shirts, sometimes with a tie. Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate.