- 1 What should I pack to Bali?
- 2 What is the dress code in Bali?
- 3 What should you not do in Bali?
- 4 Can I wear jeans in Bali?
- 5 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 6 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 7 What is illegal in Bali?
- 8 What do girls wear in Bali?
- 9 How should I dress for Bali temple?
- 10 Is it easy to get laid in Bali?
- 11 When should I avoid Bali?
- 12 Should I tip in Bali?
- 13 What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
- 14 What clothes do Indonesia wear?
- 15 Why do statues in Bali wear sarongs?
What should I pack to Bali?
Packing for Bali Travel Essentials
- Small purse.
- Water bottle.
- Packing cubes.
- Ziplocks or reusable zip up bags.
- Microfibre towel (for hostels)
- Rain cover for your backpack (if backpacking)
- Locks (for your backpack and to use on lockers)
What is the dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms. Flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, so long as the overall look is modest.
What should you not do in Bali?
9 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Do Not Enter The Temples With Your Shoes On.
- Avoid Drinking Tap Water.
- Do Not Visit Temples Wearing Revealing Clothes.
- Avoid Using Your Left Hand For Giving Or Accepting Things.
- Drug Possession And Consumption Can Land You In Jail.
- Maintain Decorum During Nyepi.
- Honking Without Reason Is Prohibited.
Can I wear jeans in Bali?
General Bali Clothing Tips You may see locals wearing skinny jeans and long sleeve tees, but you’ll probably roast if you’re not used to the weather; be prepared with lightweight fabrics that are great for both the heat and humidity.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
How should I dress for Bali temple?
Dress and Act Modestly Both men and women should wear clothes past the knee and shoulders covered. A long sarong (kain kamben ) and a temple scarf worn around the waist are mandatory temple attire. There is no need to buy a new sarong, the one you take to the beach will do.
Is it easy to get laid in Bali?
Some of the tourists from around the country who come in may be with their families and not be easy to hook up with, but they might be active on the dating site and be able to meet you during the day if they want to get laid. That wraps up our best places to meet Bali girls with a dating guide, enjoy your time here.
When should I avoid Bali?
Most crowded months in Bali: March – August & December. Least crowded months in Bali: September – November & January – February.
Should I tip in Bali?
While tipping in Bali is considered to be a western concept, and not mandatory, it is generally appreciated by the service staff. In most restaurants tipping between 5-20% is generally what we opt for.
What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What clothes do Indonesia wear?
Most Indonesians wear ‘western’ style clothing for everyday wear. Men wear pants and shirts, sometimes with a tie. Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate.
Why do statues in Bali wear sarongs?
So why are some trees or statues wearing a sarong in poleng cloth then? The cloth keeps the spirit and its energy inside and also protects the people from being disturbed by the spirit. And because the special cloth is the symbol of balance, the locals will treat it with a lot of respect.