- 1 What should I pack for Bali?
- 2 How do I prepare for a trip to Bali?
- 3 What is the dress code in Bali?
- 4 Is food in Bali expensive?
- 5 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 6 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 7 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 8 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 9 How many days are sufficient to visit Bali?
- 10 What is illegal in Bali?
- 11 What do girls wear in Bali?
- 12 Can I wear shorts in Bali?
- 13 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 14 How much money do you need in Bali for 10 days?
What should I pack for Bali?
Bali Packing Essentials
- 3 Short sleeve tops.
- 3 Pair of shorts or skirts.
- 1 Pair of sandals (make them hiking style and they can be your only shoes, unless you’re going dancing!)
- 4 Pair of underwear.
- 1 Nice dress or collared shirt.
- 1 Swimsuit.
- 1 Light jacket.
- 1 Daypack for day trips and adventures.
How do I prepare for a trip to Bali?
These are things we always make sure to do before leaving for Bali:
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
What is the dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms. Flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, so long as the overall look is modest.
Is food in Bali expensive?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
How many days are sufficient to visit Bali?
To really enjoy your holiday in Bali you would need to spend at least 6-10 days as 3-4 days is more like business trip can’t do much.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
Can I wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
How much money do you need in Bali for 10 days?
10 days it means you need 150-210$ to have breakfast/lunch/dinner for some general food ( its not for special dinner maybe at beachside Jimbaran beach ) If you want to take a special dinner maybe it charges 50-60$ for 1 times.