- 1 What is the most popular food in Bali?
- 2 What type of food do they eat in Bali?
- 3 What can you not eat in Bali?
- 4 What can you eat and drink in Bali?
- 5 What do you wear in Bali?
- 6 Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
- 7 What language is spoken in Bali?
- 8 Is Bali expensive to visit?
- 9 Which area is best to stay in Bali?
- 10 What is illegal in Bali?
- 11 When should I avoid Bali?
- 12 What is the coldest month in Bali?
- 13 Why can’t you drink the water in Bali?
- 14 How Safe Is Bali?
- 15 How much does food cost in Bali?
What is the most popular food in Bali?
Top 10 Foods You Must Eat In Bali
- Pisang Goreng. Let’s start with dessert.
- Mie Goreng. A classic Indonesian staple of fried noodles is often served with vegetables and a choice of chicken, shrimp or pork.
- Nasi Goreng.
- Babi Guling.
- Nasi Campur.
- Bebek Betutu.
- Mini Rijsttafel.
What type of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
What can you not eat in Bali?
Try to go to the more popular dining venues and if you have any doubts at all, avoid fish, chicken or meat dishes. Generally, eating in venues that are more popular and reputed is going to decrease the likelihood of exposure to Bali belly.
What can you eat and drink in Bali?
10 Traditional Balinese Dishes You Need to Try
- Satay. Satay, or sate in Indonesian, are basically grilled slices of chicken, goat, beef, or pork skewered on sticks.
- Babi Guling. Babi guling or Balinese roasted pork is one of the indulgences to try in Bali.
- Nasi Jinggo.
- Sambal Matah.
What do you wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
Food in Bali can be very cheap if you know where to eat. Local food is very inexpensive, and a meal from a warung (Bali street food spots) will typically cost you no more than a dollar or two. If you’re craving Western food you can expect to pay more, with prices at Western restaurants usually starting at around $5.
What language is spoken in Bali?
Balinese is a Malayo-Polynesian language spoken by 3.3 million people (as of 2000) on the Indonesian island of Bali as well as Northern Nusa Penida, Western Lombok, Eastern Java, Southern Sumatra, and Sulawesi. Most Balinese speakers also know Indonesian.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you don’t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
Which area is best to stay in Bali?
BEST AREAS TO STAY IN BALI
- Ubud, the best place to sleep in Bali and get around the island.
- Kuta and Legian, one of the most popular areas to stay in Bali.
- Seminyak, the best neighborhood in Bali to stay in.
- Canggu, one of the best places to stay in Bali.
- Jimbaran, where to find some of the best hotels in Bali.
What is illegal in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
When should I avoid Bali?
Most crowded months in Bali: March – August & December. Least crowded months in Bali: September – November & January – February.
What is the coldest month in Bali?
The warmest month is April with an average maximum temperature of 34°C (94°F). The coldest month is August with an average maximum temperature of 29°C (85°F). January is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.
Why can’t you drink the water in Bali?
The main issue is pathogens due to poor water pipe infrastructure and the tropical heat. Pathogens include bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms that will make you sick. By boiling the water for for a minimum of 3-5 min it’s most likely safe to drink.
How Safe Is Bali?
Bali is safe to visit. And whilst petty crime does pose a little bit of a problem, there were ‘only’ a total of 3,347 criminal cases recorded. That’s 1 case per 1,700 tourists and that’s a number that down from the year before. Violent crime itself is relatively low as well.
How much does food cost in Bali?
While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.