- 1 How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- 2 How do you say welcome in Bali?
- 3 How do you greet hello in Indonesia?
- 4 How should I dress in Bali?
- 5 How do you show respect in Indonesia?
- 6 What Apa Kabar means?
- 7 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 8 How do you say love in Bali?
- 9 How do you say happy birthday in Bali?
- 10 What language is spoken in Bali?
- 11 How do you reply to Khabar APA?
- 12 How do you say hello?
- 13 What does MAS mean in Indonesian?
How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
Meeting and Greeting Shake hands and give a slight nod when meeting for the first time. After the first meeting, a handshake is not necessary; a slight bow or nod of the head is sufficient. Shake an Indonesian woman’s hand only if she initiates the greeting. Greet people with “Selamat” (sell-a-mat), which means peace.
How do you say welcome in Bali?
You’re welcome. Yes.. ( “Nyak” ) (Inggih.
How do you greet hello in Indonesia?
- Good Morning: Selamat pagi (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat pah-gee”)
- Good Day: Selamat siang (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat see-ahng”)
- Good Afternoon: Selamat sore (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat sor-ee”)
- Good Evening: Selamat malam (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat mah-lahm”)
How should I dress in Bali?
When visiting temples and other religious sites, use common sense, and follow local etiquette. Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
How do you show respect in Indonesia?
Indonesians never show the soles of their feet, or allow their feet to point towards another person. It is also a sign of respect when sitting to keep both your feet on the floor and adopt a straight posture. As with many Asian cultures, the left hand is considered unclean.
What Apa Kabar means?
Apa kabar simply means ‘ how are you ‘ or ‘what’s up’ – the word apa literally means ‘what’ so if an Indonesian says ‘apa kabar’ to you and you’re not sure what they said you can actually reply ‘apa??
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
How do you say love in Bali?
In the first one of the beautiful words in Balinese language, we want to mention the romantic words that usually used for showing love or affection to someone. And those words are Titiyang Tresna Sareng Ragane. This sentence contains three important words, Tiyang, Tresna, and also the last one Raga.
How do you say happy birthday in Bali?
Birthdays Selamat ulang tahun! “Happy Birthday!”
What language is spoken in Bali?
Balinese is a Malayo-Polynesian language spoken by 3.3 million people (as of 2000) on the Indonesian island of Bali as well as Northern Nusa Penida, Western Lombok, Eastern Java, Southern Sumatra, and Sulawesi. Most Balinese speakers also know Indonesian.
How do you reply to Khabar APA?
In Bahasa, if someone asked apa khabar, you should answer “ khabar baik (I’m fine) ” in return.
How do you say hello?
There are many other options, but here are six of the most common formal ways to say “hello”:
- “Good morning.”
- “Good afternoon.”
- “Good evening.”
- “It’s nice to meet you.”
- “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” (These last two only work when you are meeting someone for the first time.)
- 7. “ Hi!” (
- 8. “ Morning!” (
What does MAS mean in Indonesian?
‘Mas’ is a Javanese word (not Indonesian at all), and it means ” older brother.” So, ironically, it is used by the Javanese as a term of respect… sometimes applied to one’s actual older brother, and sometimes applied to a male friend or colleague of a similar or slightly older age.