- 1 How many Litres of alcohol can you take into Indonesia?
- 2 Is alcohol allowed in Bali?
- 3 Can I bring alcohol into Indonesia?
- 4 How much alcohol can I carry in my luggage?
- 5 Is it illegal to pack alcohol in your suitcase?
- 6 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 7 Do Muslims drink alcohol?
- 8 What do Bali people drink?
- 9 Is Bali expensive to eat?
- 10 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 11 What can you not bring into Indonesia?
- 12 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 13 How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
- 14 Will wine explode on a plane?
How many Litres of alcohol can you take into Indonesia?
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS: One litre of alcoholic beverage may be brought in per person 18 years of age or over. Personal goods up to a value of USD 250. – per passenger or USD 1,000. – per family may be brought into the country.
Is alcohol allowed in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.
Can I bring alcohol into Indonesia?
The following goods may be imported into Indonesia by travellers over 18 years of age without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 100g of tobacco. 1L of alcoholic beverages. Gifts up to a value of US$250 per person or US$1,000 per family.
How much alcohol can I carry in my luggage?
You can pack containers of alcohol (including homemade wine and beer, and commercial products) in your checked baggage if: The percentage of alcohol by volume is 70% (140 proof) or less. The quantity does not exceed five litres per person for alcoholic beverages between 24% and 70% alcohol by volume.
Is it illegal to pack alcohol in your suitcase?
Per the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), travelers can bring alcohol — liquor or otherwise — as long as the bottles are unopened and placed in a sealed bag. While alcohol can’t exceed 70 percent (140 proof) in checked luggage, the TSA doesn’t state a proof-limit for carry-on booze.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
Do Muslims drink alcohol?
Although alcohol is considered haram (prohibited or sinful) by the majority of Muslims, a significant minority drinks, and those who do often outdrink their Western counterparts. Among drinkers, Chad and a number of other Muslim-majority countries top the global ranking for alcohol consumption.
What do Bali people drink?
Arak Bali. Arak is Bali’s traditional spirit fermented from white rice. This alcoholic beverage is originally used for rituals and traditional ceremonies, before being widely consumed and manufactured modernly.
Is Bali expensive to eat?
Food in Bali can be very cheap if you know where to eat. Local food is very inexpensive, and a meal from a warung (Bali street food spots) will typically cost you no more than a dollar or two. If you’re craving Western food you can expect to pay more, with prices at Western restaurants usually starting at around $5.
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
What can you not bring into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
Here’s the best way to do it.
- Start with a soft layer of clothes. When you are ready to pack, gather your clothes and begin with a soft layer for the bottom of the suitcase.
- Roll your booze in bubble or foam wrap.
- Roll it up a second time.
- Nestle your bundle carefully.
- Finish with a soft layer of clothes.
Will wine explode on a plane?
Will Wine Checked in your Luggage Explode During Your Flight? No. Your bottle of wine will not explode because the cargo compartments in most domestic airlines are pressurized and climatized.