- 1 How do I get from Bali to Nusa Penida?
- 2 Is Nusa Penida worth visiting?
- 3 Is East or West Nusa Penida better?
- 4 How much does it cost to go from Bali to Nusa Penida?
- 5 Can you swim in Nusa Penida?
- 6 How many days do you need in Nusa Penida?
- 7 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 8 How long is the boat ride from Sanur to Nusa Penida?
- 9 What is there to do in Nusa Penida at night?
- 10 What part of Bali should I stay in?
- 11 Should I stay in Seminyak or Ubud?
- 12 How do I get from Bali airport to Nusa Penida?
- 13 How do I get from Nusa Penida to Ubud?
How do I get from Bali to Nusa Penida?
From Bali, the only way to reach Nusa Penida is by speedboat or ferry, with the speedboat journey taking about 45 minutes or so. There are a bunch of speedboat companies making this trip daily, and they all depart from Sanur Beach in Bali at various times.
Is Nusa Penida worth visiting?
Nusa Penida is not a modern supercity with great roads and facilities, but that’s what adds to its charm. The island is very authentic, unlike the more tourist-friendly places you might have visited. It is not for the faint of heart, but if you are open to discovering the local culture, it is so worth it!
Is East or West Nusa Penida better?
During a Nusa Penida day tour, you can either explore the west or east coast of Penida Island. West is more popular since it is closer to the harbor. East is at least as beautiful and fewer visitors. If you prefer to see both sides, it is better to do a 3-day Nusa Penida Trip.
How much does it cost to go from Bali to Nusa Penida?
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bali to Nusa Penida: Ferry tickets – IDR 90 k to IDR 173 k. taxi+Ferry price: IDR 240 k – IDR 255 k. From Bali to Nusa Penida starting from 07:30 Toya Pakeh Harbour until 16:00 Mushroom Bay Harbour.
Can you swim in Nusa Penida?
If you want to relax, swim or snorkel on Penida, Crystal Bay is your place! Out of all the Nusa Penida beaches, none of them have palm trees like Crystal Bay Beach. It’s a secluded beach blocked off by a whole jungle of palm trees and the perfect spot for sunset.
How many days do you need in Nusa Penida?
A day trip to Nusa Penida from Bali is very doable. You can get to Nusa Penida via a speedboat from Sanur in the morning and come back in the afternoon. But if you want to see the entire Nusa Penida and really enjoy your stay, you would need 2-3 days on the island.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How long is the boat ride from Sanur to Nusa Penida?
From Sanur port, you will pay a local ferryman 60,000 Rupiah per person to take you to Nusa Penida. The boat ride takes bout 20 mins. When you travel to Nusa Penida stops, you can pick up a scooter for 60,000 Rupiah a day, now you can get to any hotel on Nusa Penida within over an hour or less.
What is there to do in Nusa Penida at night?
There were several interesting, and as always, intricate carvings typical of Bali inside the temple.
- Seganing Waterfall. This is probably the most memorable place for me in Nusa Penida.
- Pasir Uug/Broken Beach + Angel’s Billabong.
- Chrystal Bay Beach.
- Atuh Beach.
- The Villages of the Seaweed Farmers.
- Pura Gua (Cave) Giri Putri.
What part of Bali should I stay in?
Ubud, the best place to sleep in Bali and get around the island. Kuta and Legian, one of the most popular areas to stay in Bali. Seminyak, the best neighborhood in Bali to stay in. Canggu, one of the best places to stay in Bali.
Should I stay in Seminyak or Ubud?
Seminyak is all about the beaches. If you don’t enjoy swimming, surfing, sunning, relaxing, or watching sunsets – you’d be better visiting Ubud. Ubud is more about nature. The most popular attractions include Campuhan Ridge, Tegalalang Rice Terraces, Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud Market, or one of the many waterfalls.
How do I get from Bali airport to Nusa Penida?
The best way to get to Nusa Penida from Bali Airport (Ngurah Rai Airport) is to get a taxi or a Grab (like an Uber) at the airport to the harbor in Sanur called ‘Sanur Beach Harbor’ on Google Maps. It wil take about 30-40 minutes from the Bali Airport to the Sanur Beach Harbor.
How do I get from Nusa Penida to Ubud?
From Ubud, you need to go to the ferry port first, which would take about 45 minutes to Sanur or 50 minutes to Klungkung, depends on the traffic. Then you’d need to cross to Nusa Penida island by ferry boat.