- 1 What is the dress code in Bali?
- 2 What should you not do in Bali?
- 3 What should I pack for Indonesia?
- 4 What should I wear to Bali temple?
- 5 What is illegal in Bali?
- 6 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 7 Is it easy to get laid in Bali?
- 8 When should I avoid Bali?
- 9 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 10 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 11 What can you not bring into Indonesia?
- 12 What to do before going to Bali?
- 13 What should I be careful of in Bali?
- 14 Why can’t you enter a Bali temple on your period?
- 15 Is there malaria in Bali?
What is the dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms. Flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, so long as the overall look is modest.
What should you not do in Bali?
9 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Do Not Enter The Temples With Your Shoes On.
- Avoid Drinking Tap Water.
- Do Not Visit Temples Wearing Revealing Clothes.
- Avoid Using Your Left Hand For Giving Or Accepting Things.
- Drug Possession And Consumption Can Land You In Jail.
- Maintain Decorum During Nyepi.
- Honking Without Reason Is Prohibited.
What should I pack for Indonesia?
Indonesia is very laid back, so leave your vintage Valentino skirt at home. Things to pack include comfortable, loose-fitting shorts, singlet-tops, kaftans, board shorts, summer dresses, t-shirts and other items you routinely wear during summer at home.
What should I wear to Bali temple?
Dress and Act Modestly Both men and women should wear clothes past the knee and shoulders covered. A long sarong (kain kamben ) and a temple scarf worn around the waist are mandatory temple attire. There is no need to buy a new sarong, the one you take to the beach will do.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
Is it easy to get laid in Bali?
Some of the tourists from around the country who come in may be with their families and not be easy to hook up with, but they might be active on the dating site and be able to meet you during the day if they want to get laid. That wraps up our best places to meet Bali girls with a dating guide, enjoy your time here.
When should I avoid Bali?
Most crowded months in Bali: March – August & December. Least crowded months in Bali: September – November & January – February.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.
What can you not bring into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What to do before going to Bali?
21 Things to Know Before Going to Bali
- In Bali they drive on the left hand side.
- There is Lack of public transportation in Bali.
- Scooters or motorbikes are the way to go in Bali.
- Eat at the Warungs.
- Check the menu for the added tax and service tax.
- Things to do in Bali.
- Google Maps.
- Restricted Internet Access in Bali.
What should I be careful of in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
Why can’t you enter a Bali temple on your period?
Bali is known as the island of a million temples. The main reason, menstrual blood is considered ‘dirty’, so that it can make the temple become impure. Not only women during menstruation that are prohibited from entering the temple.
Is there malaria in Bali?
There is a risk of Malaria in Bali. See advice below. Travellers arriving from countries with a risk of Yellow Fever may need an International Certificate of Vaccination (ICVP).